We’re in urgent need of volunteer drivers to collect donations from the local supermarkets and collection points and drop at our warehouse in Warrington.
With days and hours to suit, even if you only have a few hours spare a week, you’ll play an important role in promptly transporting food from collection points to the warehouse for sorting, and finally onto Warrington foodbank, which will help to make a real difference in our community.
Evening and early morning work also available. A confident and safe driver, you’ll enjoy being part of a team and be physically strong so that you can lift and load crates of food. Your flexible and committed approach will help to maximise donations and improve the efficiency of the foodbank.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collecting food donations from collection points such as supermarkets, schools and churches around the local area
- Delivering food donations to the warehouse
- Transporting sorted food from the warehouse to the local food bank centre
- Carrying heavy boxes of canned foods
- Regular loading and unloading of vehicles
- Regular driving across the local area
The skills you will need:
- Aged between 21 and 75
- Clean driving licence held for 2 years or more
- Physically strong
- Confident driver
- Adaptable and flexible
- Personable and committed
- You will need to comply with the Driving policy of the food bank
What’s in it for you:
- A chance to meet new people
- Contribute to your local community
- Build your confidence and feel a sense of purpose
To apply, please visit this link – https://warrington.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/volunteer/